Friday 11 October 2013

So I am very bad at doing this..

But I have an excuse of sorts! We've been busy little bees!! From August until now, although probably not nearly manic enough for me not to have posted! Whoops!
Job is still going well, going to be there now until Christmas, so much for three weeks when I a started! So at the moment I'm training a guy to take over my position permanently and then once I've finished I'll be going into the finance office completely, so I'll get to learn some more new things! Always good!

So yes, my catching up! Our housewarming ended up being a bit mental one! We were here until about 10/10.30 and then headed to the Prahran Hotel which I thought was great craic and then the Elephant after because we were all too lazy to think of anywhere else! Ha! Absolute gowling is all I can say!
 

The week of my birthday we had the Commitments gig in the Corner Hotel in Richmond. Was amazing! The support acts were the weirdest groups I ever came across, but were pretty good in all fairness!! More importantly, Andrew Strong still sounds great and neither of us realised that he could play the guitar, particularly not that he played as well as he played. Think we both stood open mouthed for the whole first song! Ha!
And that night was followed by my birthday, two weeks later. We started out in Father's Office in the city that had happy hour until eleven o'clock! To say that everyone was well and truly merry at that stage is an under statement! Was a cool bar and it's right in the middle of the city too! Was great! Next stop was what I called Cookie but which I think was the rooftop bar and another bar! Great fun! Got to catch up with two of my neighbours from home as well! Was loadsa fun and I got spoiled rotten by everyone too. Especially Conor who got me beautiful flowers. One of the girls was over for the weekend from Tasmania too which made it even better! 

For Niamh's birthday we went to Strike Bowling Bar, something different and was great craic! We did boys to a lane and girls to a lane and played against each other and somehow we managed to win (Even thought they cheated and used the bar that you just put the ball onto!) It's really cool in there, would definitely recommend it for a night out! I even managed a Strike!! Next we headed to the Asian Beer Cafe for jugs of cocktails and a chats! Lovely! Was good fun and one of the rare nights that all the boys and girls go out together! And I got to wear the hat Alex got me for my birthday, I love it just a little bit! (",)

Myself and Conor used his lock down weekend in work to go away. We had originally been hoping to see Orla and Paul in Darwin but the flights were too expensive once we priced them. Can you imagine $1500 for an internal flight! You'd fly to Bali for cheaper! So instead we headed down to Wilson's Prom for the weekend! Was great! We drove down the coast to there on Sat, stopping off on beaches to get absolutely sand blasted while trying to take pictures! Weather was a bit wild but it was a lovely drive down! The electricity went in the town that we were staying in that night so I read a book by flashlight beside the fire and Conor listened to his ipod and we just chilled out, think it was exactly what we both needed. Chill out time, especially Conor, he's been working so many days and hours he needed some time to relax!
The next day we were up early and headed off to Wilson's prom to do the Mount Oberon walk. Weather was amazing and the view at the top was completely worth the leg cramps it took to get there!! 

Then we headed down to the main area, Tidal Beach for some grub and strolled around and saw all the beaches and areas there were to see around there! Was all fantastic, especially Squeaky Beach where the sand looked like snow and squeaked under your feet as you walked. Unfortunately I managed to drop my phone in a rock pool there which put me in bad humour until Conor gave out to me and reminded how fab everything around us was (not that he used that word! Ha!) And we saw wombats just strolling around on Whiskey Beach! Was so great, they were right beside us as we walked down the pathway and were not in the slightest bothered by us being there! They were so cute and they're the first ones we'd seen since we got here!
That night we went and ate in the Fishy Pub in Fish Creek. We got a table beside the fire and the grub was lovely. I would definitely recommend it if you ever find yourself down that way!!
The next day we headed for Philip Island on our way home and saw whatever we had missed the last time we were there. We went back to the Nobbies again and actually saw a seal this time too, granted briefly but still we saw one! And I don't think anyone else noticed him so that was pretty cool!! 
And that was our weekend. Actually felt as if we'd been away after it, it was great! I think if we go again though, we'd try leave enough time to do the Sealer's Cove walk which takes five hours and looks amazing!

So that's all the catching up that I'm willing to do today because the weather is beautiful and I'm a going BBQing! I'll write again about our visit from Conor's aunt and uncle and our BBQ next weekend! (I really will try be better at this!)

Amy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment